– 22 Days of Fasting for 2022 –
We’re starting off the new year by encouraging everyone to fast for something for 22 days in the month of January. These three weeks will be a time set aside for focused prayer. Consider joining us! But remember,
Pray for God to…
REVEAL YOUR HEART
You have blind spots. We all do. You may have hidden hurts, lingering resentments that make it hard to forgive others, or even unrecognized fears. The first week we’ll pray that God will reveal to us the beliefs and attitudes in our lives that may be negatively influencing us.
REVEAL HIS FACE
Sometimes God may seem far away. There are a few reasons why we feel this way. But God encourages us throughout scripture to “Seek My face.” The second week we’ll pray that God will reveal Himself to us in a more personal, and relatable way; to show us what we need to see and discover about Him.
REVEAL HIS HANDS
We believe that God desires to do big things in us and through us this year. But we need to pray. The third week we’ll pray for God’s hands to be at work in meaningful ways this year. We want to see God do great things for us individually and corporately as a church. So we’ll pray that way!
“You are fasting for something – not from something.”
Saturday - 6:00pm | Sunday - 9:00am
Why Start Your Year Off by Fasting?
Because Jesus did. Sort of. Before Jesus began His ministry He fasted. After His baptism and His Father’s public proclamation over Him, instead of capitalizing on the moment, Jesus went into isolation for 40 days. Before He preached one sermon, before He healed anyone, or called any disciples, Jesus prepared Himself for the spiritual battles that would lay ahead.
What are your challenges this coming year? Where do you want to see breakthrough in your personal life, your family, your finances, your church, or your work place?
There are many different kinds of fasts to consider:
- Soul Fast - Refocus certain areas of your life that are out of balance by taking a break from something like social media, the news, watching television, etc.
- Partial Fast - Abstain from eating in the morning and afternoon. This can either correlate to specific times of the day, such as 6:00am - 5:00pm, or from sunup to sundown.
- Selective Fast - Remove certain foods from your diet (i.e. meat, sweets, bread, etc.) You can also decide to drink only water and juice, or eat only fruits and vegetables.
- Complete Fast - In this type of fast, you drink only liquids, typically water with light juices as an option. (There are medical reasons that may not make this an option for you.)
Fasting is an assumption Jesus has of us. “When you give… When you pray… and When you fast…”
- Special PrayerHouse times every Wednesday Night at 7:00pm. -