We are Loved by God, Empowered by His Spirit
and Sent for the Freedom and Joy of All
Loved by God
We are called to be sons and daughters of God, growing in our realization of His grace and in the truth of our new identity as beloved children of the Father. We are growing intellectually AND experientially in our understanding of this love.
Empowered by His Spirit
We are growing in the authority Jesus gave us at the Great Commission. With a growing expectation, we are empowered by His Spirit to do all that He commanded us to do - first in prayer, then in action.
Sent for the Freedom and Joy of All
From the joy of our freedom in the love of our Father and our identity in Jesus, we are sent to proclaim freedom and joy to all, discipling them and establishing them in the truth of who they are.
What Biblical Truths Drive Our Vision?
- We will preach the gospel message of Pardon, Position & Privilege. The “good news” is that your pardon from sin gives you a new position (identity in Christ) with privileges (authority in prayer) that only belong to the forgiven children of God.
- We will stress the reality of our Righteousness, Peace & Joy. Romans 14:17 says, “For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit...” Our righteous standing gives us peace and joy.
- We will pursue more of the “Now & Not Yet” Kingdom of God. God’s rule is both present and future. We will pray for more of the “not yet” – we will pray to shrink the gap between what we see in Scripture and what we experience in our daily lives.
How will Deep Rivers Church do all this?
- We won’t. We believe “Ministry is Received – Not Achieved.” Whenever we meet we will take on a “prayer dependent” posture; a humble dependence on God to do His work in us and then through us.
- We are going to put a focus on the Role of the Holy Spirit in our daily lives - by being consistent with what the Bible teaches in regards to our ability to hear His voice (the birthright of every believer) and the spiritual gifts that God has given to us.
- We will pursue both “Knowledge & Revelation.” Head knowledge and heart knowledge are both important. One is taught, the other is revealed. We will teach about and pray for God’s revelation of Himself to us both rationally and experientially. “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened…” (Eph. 1:18)
"The Spirit of the Lord is on Me, because He has anointed Me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent Me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free”
"My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit’s power, so that your faith might not rest on human wisdom, but on God’s power."
(1 Cor. 2:4-5)
"I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in His holy people"