Why Do We Value Prayer So Much?January 13, 2020
Our Stories: Steve & Tracy Stiles Journey to (and with) Deep Rivers ChurchJanuary 28, 2020
“We are Loved by God, Empowered by His Spirit and Sent for the Freedom and Joy of All.”
What Biblical Truths Drive This Vision?
It’s the Mission of Jesus
- “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” (John 10:10)
- “He has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor… freedom for the prisoners and… to set the oppressed free…” (Luke 4:18)
The Gospel is our Pardon, Position & Privilege
- Your Pardon from sin gives you a new position (identity in Christ).
- Your Position gives you Privileges (authority in prayer) that only belong to forgiven children of God.
The Kingdom of God is Righteousness, Peace & Joy
“For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit…” (Romans 14:17). Our righteous standing gives us peace and joy that we want to share.
How Will Deep Rivers Church Do All This?
- We believe that “Ministry is Received – Not Achieved.” Whenever we meet, we will take on a “prayer dependent” posture – a humble dependence on God to do His work in us and then through us.
- We will pursue the work of the Holy Spirit by being consistent with what the Bible teaches in regards to our ability to hear His voice (the birthright of every believer) and to the spiritual gifts that God has given to us.
- We will embrace both “Knowledge & Revelation”. Head knowledge and heart knowledge are both important. One is taught, the other is revealed. We will teach about and pray for God’s revelation of Himself to us both rationally and experientially. “I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened…” (Eph. 1:18)